Thursday, May 15, 2008

Training trip to Twin Lakes


Training trip to Twin Lakes, originally uploaded by suhovy04.

Recently I have taken on the task of begining a new Water Polo program at the college level. It has been a busy year full of suprises. To try and desribe this past year in one post would be really tough. One of the things I enjoy a lot are the mountains. I spend a lot of time backpacking and mountain biking. Starting tis new program made it difficult to do those things so I try to include them in our training. The picture above was taken at Twin Lakes above Shaver Lake. We take taining trip up there and I hope to turn this into a tradition. This particular run was about four miles one way. We started at 8,200 ft. in elevation and climed to about 9,500 ft. The team was pretty worn out after a 1,300ft elevation climb in four miles. When we reached the lakes we jumped in for a quick swim. The water was a littel cold but well worth it. The team is awsome and worked hard this season. We hope to continue trips like this one in the future seasons.

2 comments:

kia said...

I love H2O polo. I never played myself, but my high school has an amazing program. (Punahou School)In fact, I believe we have produced maybe four or five Olympic players. Good luck and I think what you are doing is amazing!

Richard Robertson said...

I live near Shaver Lake and hiked in to Twin Lakes last summer. I too spend lots of time mtn biking in the area and recently began more and more hiking.