Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Zealand Post II






So my Internet situation is kind of rough here right now. The wireless i was told would be at the school is not working, so I have to find Internet service on the when I am out and about and its not cheap. We have

finished our first week of games and the kids have learned a lot, I have learned a lot and also made several strong connections. I plan I returning here again in the near future. The weather has been pretty wet and rainy during our first week but today was beautiful. We had sunny sky's and took a trip to a few different areas. We went to a ropes course and played around for a while. We then went to one of the Maurie bays that is a big surf spot and spent a little time. Words cant explain the beauty. I have posted a few pictures above just to give you a small glimpse of everything. The first picture is of one of the pools during the opening ceremonies. There is over 100 teams here from all over the world. The second picture is of me driving on the left side of the road, yup... the left. I have also mastered stick shift as well. The third picture is of a cup of coffee I ordered, more like a bowl of coffee. It was the best I have ever had, due to this I have drunken more coffee in the last week than I have in the last few months. I have also eaten more food than ever. I think I have gained at least 10lbs since I have been here. The fourth picture is of a small bay near the national water polo training pool we played a few games at. This was during a break and we needed to kill some time. The last picture is of one of the bays we drove to today. I was awesome. That is a shot from a lookout point on one of the bluffs. I have so many more pictures of all we have been able to see as well as a few short videos. Look up "the Haka" on you tube or the All Blacks, New Zealand national rugby team and find there Haka dance. I have a video if the students performing that at the opening ceremonies. There is to much more to say and to little time. I also have to many pictures to post. I hope all is well and I will update thing when I am able to log on again. See ya soon.

No comments: